We advise on copyright, trade marks (including registration), confidential information, patents, designs and domain names.
We advise new market entrants and creative agencies on proposed brands names and logos, including in connection with trade mark registration applications and freedom to operate searches. We provide a clear and cost effective trade mark application service for our clients.
We have deep knowledge and understanding of how IP impacts our clients across different creative industry sectors, including customary licensing terms and new and emerging trends. Our industry knowledge means that we maximise our clients’ commercial interests when negotiating on their behalf.
Sometimes disputes arise. We defend our clients’ IP rights and provide sensible and practical dispute resolution services.
- Australian and international trade mark applications and transfers
- Brand and trade mark searches and ‘freedom to operate’ marketplace searches
- IP licensing agreements, including structuring licence fee and royalty arrangements
- Acting for leading EdTech companies in relation to the production, licensing and distribution of content, the provision of a cloud-based customer platform and the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Copyright advice to clients across the creative industries, including the ‘copyright and design overlap’ in the visual arts, fashion and textile industries
- Advising numerous fashion, textile and consumer product businesses on intellectual property issues, including counterfeit products being sold on international social media and eCommerce platforms
TYPES OF AGREEMENTS:
- Copyright Licence Agreements
- Copyright Assignment Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements and Non Disclosure Agreements
- Trade Mark Assignment Agreements
- Trade Mark Licence Agreements
- Domain Name Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Proof of Concept and Pilot Agreements
- Content Development Agreements
- Co-Production Agreements
- Take Down Notices
- Letters of Demand
- Cease and Desist Letters