We represent authors and publishers in connection with publishing agreements, ghost writer agreements, content reviews, intellectual property clearances, rights management and book option agreements.
We provide pre-publication reviews, including for defamation risk and copyright and trade mark clearances.
We also assist our clients in the book publishing industry with dispute resolution and infringement matters, including issuing take down notices and negotiating damages to be paid in connection with copyright infringement.
- Negotiating publishing agreements with major publishers for Australian celebrities
- Negotiating termination of publishing deals
- Conducting pre-publication reviews for defamation risk in connection with high-risk topics and ‘tell-all’ publications
- Advising on co-author and ghost-writer arrangements and disputes
- Negotiating publishing deals for high-profile authors, including to protect their rights and maximise commercial opportunities in the media and entertainment industries
TYPES OF AGREEMENTS:
- Book Publishing Agreements
- Book Option Agreements
- Writer Services Agreements
- ‘Ghost-Writer’ Agreements
- Pre-publication Clearance Letters of Advice
- Infringement Settlement Deed
- Termination Agreements
- Content Licences
- Cover Artwork Agreements
- Merchandise Agreements
- Editor Agreements
- Consultation Agreements (in connection with non-fictional works)